Immigrants are free to live wherever in Australia, but your place of living does affect the quality of your life. In considering a suitable place to live, you may take advantage of Australian state sponsorship program which benefits you.
Type of State sponsorship
Sponsorship for Visa
- Priority visa processing with the Department of Home Affairs.
- You’ll receive 5 points for a 190 visa – Skilled Nominated visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- You’ll receive 10 points for a 489 visa- Skilled Regional Provisional visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
- Access to a more extensive occupation list for visa.
Sponsorship for Work
- More work opportunities for certain occupations.
- More stable work guaranteed by Regional sponsored 187 or 482 visa.
- Better salary according to work conditions.
- Affordable housing and transportations.
Sponsorship for Business
- Opportunity to apply for 188/132 visa.
Operating a business in Australia does not require a state sponsorship in Australia, but all business visas applicants are required to have state government sponsorship.
- Additional 10 points towards Department of Home Affairs points test.
- Advice and support from the State Government to help you settle in the state with its sponsorship.
- The opportunity to conduct business with government grant orsubsidy to reducing the costs and tax of operating business.
Where to find state sponsorship?
Each of eight states or territories of Australia provides sponsorship suited to their state needs.
You will find the criteria of state sponsorship are very different from one state to the other. You will also find the constant change of state sponsorship criteria from time to time.
Is the state sponsorship is the opportunity for you?
Australian state sponsorship is not a long-term scheme which is protected by law. The state sponsorship works like a timely policy and must co-operate with the federal government scheme to address the short-term needs for state governments.
There is often a misconception that state sponsorship application is a straightforward process, in practice, it is neither simple nor easy to work out what is the best opportunity available for you.
Generally, you need to compare all the option available for you to make an informed decision. A professional migration lawyer might help you to navigate this opportunity.
Need a state sponsorship?
we provide a tailored comparison for each state, so you can take advantage of current state sponsorship.